Overseas education in France is an exciting opportunity for Kerala students looking for a high-quality education in a European country. France is home to some of the world’s top universities and provides excellent opportunities for students worldwide. Students in France also get the chance to experience European culture, learn the French language, explore world-famous attractions like the Eiffel Tower, and build connections with students from other cultures and races. If you are looking for Study in France Consultants in Kerala, then you are at the right place.
Why Study in France?
- High-Quality Education: France follows one of the most respected education systems in the world, with many reputed educational institutions. It is highly ranked for its quality of education, providing students with an excellent opportunity to excel in their future career
- Affordable Cost of Living: Compared to other European countries, the cost of living in France is affordable for foreign students who want to study abroad in a European country with a limited budget. Additionally, students can avail the scholarships available to reduce their expenses.
- Cultural Diversity: The country is home to a vibrant, rich culture that includespeople worldwide. The multicultural nature of the land allows foreign studentsto understand the culture of France and develop crucial intercultural communication skills.
- Language Learning Opportunities: As French is one of Europe’s most widely spoken languages, students in France get an ideal atmosphere for learning a new language. Several French universities have French language classes in their curriculum or as an extracurricular activity.
TOP UNIVERSITIES & COLLEGES IN FRANCE
France is a popular choice for students from different parts of the world, with more than 300,000 students from other countries studying yearly. Home to some of Europe’s top universities and business schools, France offers a wide range of programs taught in English and French.
The following are some of the top-ranking universities in France:
- Sorbonne University
- Sciences Po Paris
- École Normale Supérieure de Lyon
- École Polytechnique
- Grenoble Ecole de Management
- Université Paris-Saclay
- École Normale Supérieure de Cachan
- Université Grenoble Alpes
- Université Pierre et Marie Curie (UPMC)
COST OF STUDYING IN FRANCE
The cost of studying in France varies depending on many factors like education programs and university. Tuition fees for undergraduate degrees range from €150-€7,000 per year, with government-run public universities typically costing less than private universities. Living expenses in France can range from €700-€1,500 per month for food and accommodation, depending on the city and students’ preferences. Additional costs such as books, transportation, and health insurance should also be considered when budgeting for studying abroad in France.
EDUCATION SYSTEM IN FRANCE
The education system in France is highly centralized and organized, with many subdivisions. It is divided into three stages: primary, secondary, and higher education.
Primary education is compulsory for children aged 6 to 11 and consists of two stages: elementary school (école primaire) and middle school (collège). At the end of middle school, students sit for the national exam known as the Brevet des Collèges.
Secondary education consists of lower-secondary schools and upper-secondary schools. At the end of the secondary level, students need to appear for a national exam known as the Baccalauréat.
Higher education comprises universities, grandes écoles, and engineering and business schools. Most higher-level programs require students to pass an entrance exam before admission.
Qualification and Language Requirements to Study in France
To study in France, international students must generally meet the following criteria:
Qualifications: A secondary school diploma equivalent to the French baccalauréat is typically required. Indian graduates with a three-year degree are eligible to apply for PG courses in France.
Language: Most universities require international students to prove their proficiency in French by providing proof of language proficiency (English for some courses) through exams such as the DELF or DALF. Some universities may offer English-taught courses where French proficiency is optional.
Documents Required for Indian Students to study in France
- Valid Passport: All Indian students must have a valid passport to study in France.
- Student Visa: Indian students must apply for a long-term student visa to study in France.
- Academic Certificates: Students must submit their academic certificates, such as School leaving certificates, Degree Certificates and mark sheets of previous examinations, Transcripts etc, to the respective institution in France.
- Confirmation of Admission: Students must provide proof of admission from an accredited educational institution in France.
- Proof of Fund: Students must provide evidence of financial resources sufficient to cover their tuition fees and living expenses while studying in France.
- Proof of Accommodation: Indian students must submit the prrof of their accommodation for their stay in France, such as a rental agreement or confirmation from the university hostels where they plan to stay during their studies.
- Language Proficiency Certificate: Most universities require international students to submit proof of a certain level of proficiency in French or English language.
PART-TIME WORK RULES FOR STUDENTS IN FRANCE
France follows the same rules followed by other developed countries regarding part-time work permits for international students. In France, students are permitted to work 20 hours/per week and 964 hours yearly.
READILY AVAIIABLE PART-TIME JOBS FOR STUDENTS IN FRANCE
Some of the readily available student jobs are below.
- University/ College Assistant
- Restaurant Jobs
- Cafe /Macdonald Jobs
- English Tuition Jobs
- Tour Guide Jobs
- Shopping Mall Jobs
- Blogging Jobs
- Disneyland Jobs
- Bar Jobs etc..
STUDY IN FRANCE FOR INDIAN STUDENTS- FAQS
Q1: Is it possible for Indian students to study in France?
A: Yes, Indian students are legally permitted to study in France. France is a top European destination for students from Kerala and other states in India. The French government has many scholarships to encourage international students to come and study in France.According to the Week Magazine, France is a popular destination for Kerala students looking for overseas education.
Q2: What are the requirements for studying in France?
A: All international students wishing to study in France must have a valid passport, visa, proof of enough funds to support their study, proof of accommodation, and sufficient knowledge of the French or English language. Students may also need to provide additional documents, such as transcripts, mark lists, and other documents.
Q3: What are the tuition fees for studying in France?
A: Tuition fees vary depending on the type of institution and program you choose. Generally it is around 170 EUR for Arts and commerce programs and around 650 EUR/Year for Engineering courses. However, tuition fees in public universities are often lower than those at private universities or specialized institutions. It is important to note that some courses may also require additional fees or contributions.
Q4. Is French mandatory to study in France?
A.No, French is not compulsory to apply for a study visa /studying in France. Many universities have study programs in the English language.
Q5. How long can students work in France after studying?
A.Indian students can stay-back in France for up to 2 years after completing a master’s degree or above.
Q6.Can I settle in France after my studies?
A.Foreign students can legally settle in France after finishing their studies and fulfilling some eligibility criteria.
Q7. Are students in France permitted to work part-time?
A.Yes. International students in France can work up to 20 hours a week. They can work full time during long vacations and holidays.
WHY CHOOSE THE BEST STUDY IN FRANCE EDUCATION CONSULTANTS IN KERALA?
The best Study in France consultants in Kerala have a wealth of experience and expertise in helping students pursue their educational dreams in France. They are knowledgeable about the various aspects of French education, including language requirements, tuition fees, admission procedures, visa requirements, etc. Study in France education consultants in Kerala can answer your questions, provide support during the process and guide you whenever necessary.
HOW CAN FRANCE EDUCATION CONSULTANTS IN KERALA HELP STUDENTS?
French Education Consultants in Kerala can help students in many ways. They can guide the best French universities, locations, part-time job availability, and accreditation status, help with visa applications, and even provide language classes. Additionally, they can help students learn about French culture and lifestyle, giving insight into what it would be like to study and live abroad. Finally, they can also offer advice on making the most of any opportunities that result from looking in France, like the post-study visa and PR options.
Intersted in Studying in France? Get in touch with the top study in France Education Consultants in Kochi for assistance and free guidance. Send Enquiry for More Details